Software Development Engineer
- New York, NY
Every day, hundreds of thousands of diverse Amazonians all over the world come to work and obsess over our customers. People Tech is the engine that powers that customer obsession. We work backwards from the customer to enable Amazonians to find their passion, while building and growing their careers. We are lucky to see our end users every day, and experience the lives we touch. Welcome to People Technology.
Our team builds the technology behind decisions with real human impact. How can machine learning help candidates who will thrive at Amazon find the right role? How can we effortlessly onboard and schedule attendance for hundreds of thousands of associates a day? How do we enable Amazon to innovate, scale and push the boundaries of what is possible?
Building inventive technology for this diverse range of customers isn't easy. As Amazon continues to expand beyond the traditional capabilities of human resources our technology must match it - and see around corners for new possibilities. We are solving hard problems in identity, authentication, recruiting, talent, growth, UX, scalability, and diversity.
You will contribute to all aspects of the software development lifecycle including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
As a software development engineer on team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end. You will:
• Work with the team to help drive business decisions
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
• Write high quality distributed system software
• Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
• Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design).
• Architectural experience creating highly-scalable web or desktop applications.
• A solid understanding of best practices and techniques regarding web scalability, performance, and security.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective and productive software engineers.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills.
Back to top