Amazon.com's Product Detail Page team is looking for talented, motivated and passionate software developers to be part of the design and development of a highly scalable multi-tiered shopping application to provide the best possible online shopping experience for Amazon customers world-wide. Our team is comprised of talented developers, testers, program managers, designers and product managers tasked with the singular goal to create THE world's best buying experience.
Engineers on this team develop the next-generation technologies and experiences that change how millions interact and shop online. To provide the best possible online shopping at the scale of the web requires ideas from every area of computer science, including distributed computing, large-scale system design, machine learning, natural language processing, data compression and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. We need our engineers to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
The person should be an active practitioner of engineering excellence: keeping a high bar for quality, consistency, maintainability, site latency, efficiency, security and all the other things that make great software great. In addition, he/she should contribute elegant, practical code to the corpus of the project.
The opportunity to make an impact in this role is only limited by the personal capacity of the candidate!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project. Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs