Amazon's supply chain is a critical piece to Amazon's retail business. At Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT), teams work to optimize the end-to-end inbound supply chain by leveraging technology to reduce inefficiencies in the existing processes. The Inbound Flow Authority team contributes to this by modeling Amazon network capacity to plan the inflow of every unit of inbound into the Amazon network. We own the systems that automatically prioritize and schedule all inbound freight into Amazon Warehouses.
We're seeking a talented Software Development Engineer (SDE) to lead the development of new functionality to our systems. In this role, you will own the design and delivery of core supply chain operations impacting components that directly lead to improved operational efficiency and lower costs for Amazon. You will be expected to create simple designs to solve complex problems and deliver high quality code while working on the team. In addition to delivering the core functionality of our systems, you will be expected to keep an open eye out for opportunities within supply chain that can utilize our data to improve their processes.
We're looking for someone who possesses a solid software engineering background, has worked on the development of a medium/large project in the past, and has experience developing in the AWS ecosystem. Being able to deal with ambiguity, anticipating bottlenecks and escalations, and setting realistic (yet aggressive) expectations are all crucial to the success of our platform. Most importantly, passion about seeing your software impact physical operations in the real word and a desire to make Amazon's supply chain as efficient as possible will enable you to deliver high-impact software for our team.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us