Software Development Engineer
- Dublin, Ireland
Enterprise Engineering's Obsidian team is seeking experienced professionals build and maintain scalable, maintainable, and enterprise ready services.
There are three focus areas for this role. Contributing work in progress build and implement an extensible device monitoring service using AWS native, serverless technology to report device paremeters to an analytics engine. Building applications to migrate data from varous data sources in use to WorkDocs, building applications to manage data synchronization to enable sharing data with external business partners, and to support an internally built, AWS backed data sharing application.
This role requires scheduled after hours paging for high-severity events related to all of team's systems and operational workload. Paging availability is required for after-hours weekday, weekend and holiday coverage. pager rotates throughout team balance load.
About AWS Enterprise Engineering:
Enterprise Engineering owns key products, services, and tools Amazonians use to securely and reliably access corporate resources, communicate with one another, and collaborate with customers.
Enterprise Engineering builds services ranging from network access to customer-facing software to meet the needs of our number one customer: Amazon. All Amazonians and variable staff rely on our products at all Amazon Corporate, Customer Service, Fulfillment, Retail, and affiliate sites across the globe.
The Obsidian team within Enterprise Engineering is a team spread across offices located in Bangalore, India, Arlington, VA, USA, Seattle, WA, USA, and Dublin, Ireland.
Amazon is a unique organization, and this an above average job. We'll give you the opportunity to make a difference to our business. We're looking for an exceptional professional with outstanding technical skills, with the opportunity to realize Amazon's motto: "Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 5 years combined industry experience as a Developer
• Bachelor of Science Degree
• AWS Certified Developer Associate
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in building web services and highly scalable applications with AWS Services.
• Experience engineering and maintaining device monitoring services
• Ruby or Model-View-Controller framework (, Rails, or Angular.js/Angular)
• AWS API Gateway experience
• Experience integrating Federated Claims-Based Identity providers into - including use of OpenID Connect or Security Assertion Markup Language protocols
Or equivalent and relevant experience with similar technologies than those named.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
• AWS Certified Professional
• Engineering and Maintenance of File Services (S3, WorkDocs, Microsoft Distributed File )
• Security Focus when developing and reviewing systems
• AWS Certified Security
• Engineering and maintenance of Secure Printing Systems
Or equivalent and relevant alternative than named.
Back to top