The AWS Enterprise Engineering Obsidian Team is looking for talented Developers to join our team in Dublin. You should have a background in Digital Application and Dev/Ops practices. The Team you would be joining is tasked with developing and supporting new & existing File Services platforms Amazonians use globally on a daily basis.
We are looking for Developers who are comfortable working in agile and changing environments and can apply what you already know into new scenarios and technology solutions. The Team works on 'Green Field' and improving existing solutions so the range of work you will do is diverse and challenging.
What you will do:
In this role, you will directly influence the product roadmap, new integrations, and help evolve the File Services platform Amazonians use.
You will enable the transition from our legacy Windows File Systems to alternative platforms we have built or are integrating with. Building new integrations to overcome product limitations, new features to enhance systems, and innovating on behalf of our customers.
You will join a group of technology leaders who are determined to delight our customers while helping deliver new tooling and services to enable massive growth. You will integrate with AWS products, you will help evaluate new AWS offerings, and you will build new software/services to fill gaps. You will build for a global audience, delivering highly-scalable services and a low-latency experience for all of your customers. If you are ready for an opportunity like this, we would love to hear from you.
Why it matters:
Amazon is growing at an incredible rate. To keep up with that growth, we must continually innovate with new processes and automation that simplify our operations at massive scale. You'll have a company-wide impact; your work will impact thousands of developers and teams. The processes you operate will benefit Amazonians and external business relationships.
Why you'll love it:
You'll see all aspects of the Amazon business, from our Retail websites to our digital products to the inner workings of Amazon Web Services. You'll work with massive data sets. You'll improve the agility of our technical teams. You'll be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You'll have ownership, not just responsibility; and you'll define and execute processes to deliver both savings and productivity for AWS and Amazon.
As a Software Development Engineer you will:
• Have end to end ownership of major engineering projects within Enterprise Engineering
• Create processes that can be leveraged to help drive efficiencies and quality
• Work closely internal customers to help alleviate their problems and meet their demands
• Work on new designs/solutions, bringing them from concept to in life operations
• Create and update our infrastructure and security standards and ensure that the systems adheres these standards
• Review and implement changes on the systems utilizing thorough test plans
• Work with a wide range of technologies
• Work on a variety of hardware platforms across multiple vendors
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous engineer, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, and has a successful track record of delivering large-scale engineering projects. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
This is an amazing opportunity in terms of responsibility, interesting challenges, high visibility, and career growth.
• Programming: Ruby, Java, Python, Ruby on Rails
• AWS: DynamoDB, S3, CloudFormation, Lambda, WorkDocs
• Knowledge/Experience with Microservices & Serverless
• Microsoft Windows File Services & Microsoft PowerShell preferred, but not required
• Comfortable with Full Stack development
• Design, Architect, and implement software solutions and systems integrations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• Bachelor of Science Degree
• 5+ years experience as a Software Developer
• Proficiency with least one programming language such as Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js, or C#
• Ruby or Model-View-Controller framework (Rails, or Angular.js/Angular)
• Proficiency architecting with Cloud Services (AWS Preferred)
• Experience building, maintaining, and deployment of software and infrastructure with Pipelines
• Experience implementing effective testing
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
• Experience integrating with Federated Identity: OIDC, SAML, OAuth, OpenID or similar
• Information Security Building secure code, threat modeling, and evaluation of applications
• Familiar with AWS Services (DynamoDB, Elastic Search, Kendra, S3, Boto3, Lambda, AWS API)
• Experience with file services SMB prototocl
• AWS Professional Certification