Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Would you like to work on one of the world's largest transactional distributed systems? How about working with customers and peers from the entire range of Amazon's businesses on cool, new features? Whether you're passionate about building highly scalable and reliable systems or you're a software developer who likes to solve business problems, Consumer Cloud Security is the team for you.
We are responsible for protecting customer and corporate data across all of Amazon. Whether it's the retail website, Kindle, or AWS, we secure the data. Every aspect of Amazon business interacts with our systems, if our systems are not up and running the company stops, and if we're not rapidly delivering new, easy to use features the whole company slows down.
We are looking for software engineers who thrive on complex problems and relish the challenge of operating a complex and mission critical system under extreme loads. Our system responds to millions of service requests per minute. We do security software for high availability systems. Do you think you are up to the challenge?
A successful candidate is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle- including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment.
We're looking for people who are smart and can get things done, though the following skill sets provide a good foundation for a quick ramp up to being productive in our Java, Linux and Oracle-based environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development • Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Back to top