Passionate about building high scale distributed services for Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)? How about Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) or Natural Language Understanding (NLU)? If you are an innovative engineer interested in developing the next generation AI services, we're looking for you!
As a Software Development Engineer on the Amazon Transcribe team, you will be responsible for developing, testing, and deploying distributed AI systems at enterprise scale for our worldwide customers. Our customers utilize Amazon Transcribe for many compelling use cases from transcribing meetings, to sub-titling movies, to providing real-time feedback in customer contact centers. Please check out https://aws.amazon.com/transcribe for additional information.
With products such as Amazon Transcribe, Amazon Contact Lens, and Amazon Comprehend, AWS AI is setting the standard for bringing high-performance, easy-to-use, and cost-effective AI services to the world. Amazon Transcribe is an industry leading speech recognition service supporting a wide variety of languages. Our goal is to provide the best-in-class ASR system available for customers around the world. We apply advanced ML technologies to power our service and constantly explore new development areas to bring our product to the next level.
As a primary contributor to this vision, you will collaborate closely with ML scientists to innovate. You will work among a team of talented engineers in a collaborative environment. You will influence our overall strategy and define the team's roadmap. You will help shape the system architecture, promote development best practice, and help us deliver the highest quality product to our customers. A successful candidate has a passion for learning and innovation, experience in engineering large scale software systems, as well as strong technical and communication skills. Existing education or experience in building AI applications is a plus.
If you are interested in innovating and making an impact in our industry's fastest moving technology space, come join us!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and discuss technical designs
• Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science
• Machine Learning or AI application development
• Experience with deep learning systems will be a big plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us