Do you want to reach the next level on your career? Do you want new challenges and solve hard problems while using top-notchtechnologies? Join us and you'll help millions of customers to discover the hottest and best-of-breed products from a multi billion catalog!
The Discovery Tech team helps customers discover and engage with new, popular and relevant products across Amazon worldwide. We do this by combining technology, science, and innovation to build new customer-facing features and experiences alongside cutting edge tools for marketers. You will be responsible for creating and building critical services that automatically generate, target, and optimize Amazon's cross-category marketing and merchandising. Through the enablement of intelligent marketing campaigns that leverage machine-learning models, you will help to deliver the best possible shopping experience for Amazon's customers all over the globe.
We need bright and very talented people to help us fulfill our mission of making Amazon the most loved destination for each customer in the World!
We believe in regular feature develop and frequent experimentation, allowing us to continuously improve the customer experience. You will have the opportunity to explore the many channels Amazon provides for customer outreach and engagement, both onsite and offsite. As a new team, we carry little tech debt. We prioritize writing high quality and maintainable code, and build systems that leverage existing tools to provide extensive test coverage across our services. The team provides a great opportunity to make an outsized impact in a burgeoning space and on fresh or even yet to be built services.There are few opportunities anywhere to start on a new team and make an immediate impact at this scale. Come with us and let's find the best future, together.
As a member of our software engineering team you can expect to:
• Solve problems which require novel solutions in low-latency systems
• Solve problems that center around scale, across all realms, over hundreds of millions of customers
• Write high quality, maintainable code
• Perform peer code-reviews and contribute to technical designs
• Integrate and collaborate with applied science experts specialized in machine learning recommendation models
• Think outside the box when it comes to innovating for the customer. Our team is looking for fresh ideas to engage with customers across both internal and external mediums
• Learn and grow from a talented group of individuals within our team and within our sister teams
• Mentor new members as we continue to add to our footprint and scope
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field
• 5+ years of industry experience in software engineering
• Knowledgeable in scalable distributed systems and Big Data platforms
• Fluent in a modern language like Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, architecture, OO design)
• Experience in leading large-scale, data-driven optimization systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to solve problems under ambiguous situations
• Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Master's degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related fields
• Knowledge of big data system architecture & administration
• Knowledge in machine learning, natural language processing, data mining, or information extraction
• Experience with developing large-scale website platforms or web applications
• Proficiency with Service Oriented architectures, microservices and event driven systems.