Are you interested in working with the core Amazon Advertising teams and leading ad tech partners to deliver Identity solutions for our customers? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers every day? We are building the next generation of Identity products and services that will fuel the growth of Amazon's advertising business. We are looking for self-driven and talented engineers to revel in designing, developing and operating extremely high volume (internet-scale), low latency systems that drive revenue to Amazon.
This role will involve designing and developing software system that enable many use cases for WW Advertising. The individual in this role will have the responsibility help define requirements, create software design, implement code to these specifications, provide thorough unit and integration testing, and support products deployed in production and used by our stakeholders and customers.
We're looking for experienced, motivated software engineers with a proven track record of building low-latency / high volume ad serving systems and services. Bonus if you are also comfortable handling big data queries and analytics - that is an integral part of what we do. We use Java and AWS technologies heavily.
In this role, you will:
• Solve distributed systems and ad-serving problems that manifest only at extremely high scale.
• Design and develop highly distributed components of our advertising system.
• Peer with senior engineers to develop new and innovative ad products.
• Work closely with Product management, business development, and partner teams about new ideas, technical design and project plans.
• Make data-driven decisions to inform product prioritization.
• Be an early adopter of emerging AWS technologies for AdTech use cases.
• Think out of the box!
Joining this team, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading Internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment.
AdTech Identity Program (AIP) team is spearheading innovation for the existential challenge in AdTech today: The need for reliably establishing customer identity in a IDless world without 3P cookies or Device identifiers.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience using Amazon Web Services
• Experience in Ad serving systems
• Experience in browser technologies
• Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Experience mentoring and training other engineers
• Strong communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation