Do you want to solve business challenges through innovative technology? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, massively scalable services technology in a fast-paced team environment? Do you love working on industry defining projects that move the needle?
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate & build things for the benefit of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world's most beloved brands it is part of our company DNA. Our Software Development Engineers play an instrumental role in utilizing cutting edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work.
Amazon challenges are big and impact millions of customers, sellers, and countless products across the globe. Our path is not always easy so we are selective about who joins us on this journey. There is a certain kind of person who takes on software development challenges at Amazon someone excited by the idea creating new platforms, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company whose ship cycles are measured in weeks, not years. If this is you, come build the future with us.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Passion and established experience for full stack software development
• Ability to produce bullet-proof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient and maintainable
• Expertise in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and complexity analysis
• Thorough understanding of service oriented architecture, distributed systems
• Familiarity with one or more of: Ruby/Python/Perl or another scripting language
• Familiarity with Windows .Net development
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional business and software development teams
• Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
• Obsession with quality and customer experience
• Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues at various levels of the organization
• Self-directed nature, entrepreneurship spirit and flexibility to wear many hats
• Working knowledge of UNIX systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.