Software Development Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The role: As a Software Development Engineer, you will help solve a variety of technical challenges and mentor other engineers. You will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept in partnership with other technology leaders within the team. You will help invent new features, design, develop and deploy reliable distributed services. You will work with a variety of core languages and technologies including Java and AWS technologies.
You will tackle challenging situations every day and you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on many customers.
Other responsibilities include:
Leading development and maintenance of key system features
Working with other team members to investigate design approaches
Prototyping designs and testing them with teammates
Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field (In lieu of degree, 5 years of relevant work experience).
• 3+ years of experience in software development.
• 2+ years of rich, hands-on programming experience in Java, C++, or other object-oriented languages. Familiarity with one or more of: Python, Perl, PHP.
• 2+ years of experience with OO design and common design patterns.
• Expertise in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis. The ability to produce bullet-proof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient and maintainable.
• Academic and/or industry experience with one of more of the following domains: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning or distributed systems.
• Strong examples demonstrating past work experience, deliverables and/or innovation across a broad range of methods.
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Experience working in start-up mode building products and services from the ground up.
• Experience with AWS cloud services
• Evidence of working with existing systems; curious and able to learn new codebases
• Able to deliver results in a cross-functional team, making high-quality contributions to other systems and libraries
• Experience creating extensible, well-abstracted designs and driving consensus with other engineers
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
Back to top