Software Development Engineer
Are you a high-energy, highly skilled software development engineer/superhero who wants to build and deliver cutting edge technology that protects millions of people every day? Do you want to invent new technologies while collaborating with the very best software engineers and architects in the world?
Amazon is looking for engineers who want to build solutions to solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges, while at the same time doing battle with counterfeiters and other nefarious individuals every single day. Engineers will build cutting edge machine learning algorithms and predictive analytic solutions, for projects tackling the largest problems in the investigation, detection and enforcement marketplace space to protect millions of consumers.
Do you keep looking until you find solutions so good they just seem natural? Do you want to push yourself and technology as far as they'll go with a group of smart and fun people?
If this sounds like you and you have a history of delivery of high performance systems then we want you to join the Amazon Product Quality team!
- 4+ years of Software Development experience
- Expert level experience in object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Expert level experience in software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational and no-SQL databases
- Software development experience in any OOPS language and comfortable in using AWS ( Amazon webservice )
- Knowledge of Perl, Python or other scripting languages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top