Software Development Engineer
- Irvine, CA
Do you love games? Do you like working in a startup environment? Do you want to be on the cutting edge of video games? Join us, and you'll have the power of Amazon's tools and technology, including Alexa, Fire TV, AWS, and more, to shape the future of games. Individuals interested in this position will be building high-performance, reliable software in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment. Your code will power experiences that delight millions of gamers. Are you ready?
The Alexa Games team mission is to make gaming better with Alexa and to make Alexa an indispensable part of players' gaming lives. You will join a small, early-stage team for a new strategic initiative focused on the intersection of Alexa, video games, and gaming consoles. You will be on the team responsible for advancing our journey to make Alexa more useful for gamers. You'll get to work on the latest Amazon devices and craft compelling and memorable experiences for customers around the world.
You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving technical and creative problems that haven't been solved before. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams within Amazon. You will gain an understanding of how Alexa operates and help establish an entirely new category for gaming. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun, and help make a positive impact on millions of customers. At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate & build things for the benefit of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world's most beloved brands it is part of our company DNA. Our Software Development Engineers play an instrumental role in utilizing cutting edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work.
Amazon challenges are big and impact millions of customers, sellers, and countless products across the globe. Our path is not always easy so we are selective about who joins us on this journey. There is a certain kind of person who takes on software development challenges at Amazon someone excited by the idea of creating new platforms, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company whose ship cycles are measured in weeks, not years. If this is you, come build the future with us.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience developing native applications or libraries using C++
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service APIs or related client software
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Expert knowledge of C++ and experience in gaming industry
• Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, Lumberyard or other 3D game engine development experience
• In-depth knowledge of Windows platforms
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of hands-on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support, building high-performance system software and/or scalable services
• Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented (OO) design, to solve challenging problems
• Bachelors, Masters Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Experience with Alexa skills development
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top