Software Development Engineer
Do you enjoy solving very complex problems with simplest solutions? Are you excited building large-scale distributed systems? Do you enjoy leveraging technology to solve real world problems? Would you like to help us move forward scaling with the cloud? Do you want to learn the systems that interact with all the major components of Amazon supply chain, retails, and transportation systems? Come join the Direct Fulfillment team, work with smart people and make major contribution to enhancing our fulfillment experience to millions of customers worldwide. We are looking to hire in our Seattle office to further improve the space of Direct Fulfillment – where we develop and provide a platform to enable vendors to ship to our customers directly. The system is fast, nimble and flexible. It covers a wide range of business and technology areas including inventory management, workflow management, and order management.
You will be building large distributed systems that are reliable, maintainable and scalable. You will get your hands dirty designing full stack of software. You will be optimizing performance through tuning database, simplifying workflow management, and enhancing user experience. Your software will have fault detection and toleration, automatic system recovery, as well as scaling on the cloud. You will implement these while you innovate for Amazon customers providing flexible fulfillment capacity. Your team owns the direct fulfillment platform end-to-end. You will be a major contributor to providing better customer experience to our millions of customers world-wide, including but not limited to NA, EU, JP and CN.
- Programming experience in Java, C++, and other object-oriented languages and have a deep understanding of object-oriented design.
- Master's degree or Bachelor's degree with 5+ years experience in computer science, engineering or related field.
- Hands-on experience on web technologies, such as HTML5, JQuery, Bootstrap.
- Experience on distributed system and messaging system is a plus.
- Experience on Linux and Android platform is a plus.
- Strong communication skills. Able to work with multiple business and development teams.
- Strong ownership, passionate, love solving problems.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top