Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
AWS Elemental is an Amazon Web Services company that combines deep video expertise with the power and scale of the cloud, and we are looking for a talented Software Development Engineer to join our team.
AWS Elemental MediaTailor is a personalization and monetization service for streaming video through scalable, server-side ad insertion. The service allows customers to serve targeted ads to viewers while maintaining broadcast quality in over-the-top (OTT) video applications and tracking ad views for accurate ad reporting.
This role requires outstanding programming skills and a passion for a high-quality customer experience. On our team, you'll be responsible for a service that scales to millions of concurrent viewers, contributing to all aspects of the software lifecycle: research, planning, design, experimentation, implementation, and testing. You'll dive deep, experiment rapidly, and get things done.
We're dedicated to helping you grow in service to these goals through close career mentoring, personal development opportunities, and knowledge sharing within and across teams. We will work with you to find projects that will help you succeed individually in your career while making the team successful. If you're curious, empathetic, and driven, we want you as a team member. Work with us to help our customers get captivating video content to their viewers!
What you'll do:
• Design, implement, test and operationalize new features
• Influence our product direction through significant development contributions
• Define and achieve performance metrics, and instill the operational practices needed to sustain them
• Become an expert on AWS tooling and operational practices
• Learn a great deal about modern media technologies
• Have fun in a challenging but rewarding environment
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of Linux fundamentals
• Knowledge of IP networking technologies
• Expertise in building large-scale distributed systems
• Experience building video solutions
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top