Private Brands is fast-growing within Amazon, and is a highly visible, emerging business. We have a unique business and obsess over quality and building global brands our customers love. We aspire to be part of our customers' everyday lives by offering them unique products at compelling prices backed by Amazon's strong customer obsessed reputation.
The Role: We are looking for an exceptional software developer to help build a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution for Global Private Brands. Product development in Private Brands is a complex and global process. Some of the steps involved in getting a product from inception to the customer include Product design, Quality certification, Third-party and in-house testing, Mass production, Finalizing product label and packing, FDA approval (if ingestible) etc. Finally, since this is a WW platform, the unique international requirements add another layer of complexity. These different workflows involve complex sub-tasks and interactions with different retail systems, making this a truly complex and challenging capability with deep tentacles across many systems. The goal of this platform is to improve speed, drastically reduce the time to market, and enhance productivity across the entire product development process. You will work with stakeholders across the US & EU in Hardlines, Softlines, and Consumables Private Brands to define requirements and gain alignment to deliver a seamless product experience.
What do we expect you to do? You will be building distributed, large-scale and high-performance services using the latest AWS technologies like Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, Redshift and S3. As we get more advanced, you will be using machine learning and AI to do sophisticated analyses on identifying the right products and customer segments, the risk profile to determine the type of products and categories we should target and the quality standards we should be focusing on.
We are looking for talented software development engineers who can contribute to our ambitious goals and our world-class engineering culture. We deliver meaningful results for customers while simultaneously investing in each team member's career and overall skill set. At Amazon, every engineer has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers, and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities.
Successful candidates for this position will have a background in Java, C#, or C++ or a similar development language. Equally important to these specific skills is a candidate's ability to multi-task, adapt quickly to new development environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, gain new skills, create reliable & maintainable code, and find creative, scalable solutions to difficult problems.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 2+ years of full life cycle software development/engineering experience with Java, C# or C++ or a similar programming language
• High level knowledge base of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, databases and service-oriented architectures
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Demonstrated leadership/mentoring experience
• 4+ years of full life cycle software development experience in Agile environments using Java, C++ or C# for large scale and complex systems
• Strong working knowledge of designing, developing and maintaining highly-scaled distributed systems
• AWS expert
• Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
• Deep experience with high throughput cloud systems
• Strong working knowledge implementing and consuming large scale web services
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation