Software Development Engineer
- Reston, VA
Are you curious about how Amazon processes billions of offers, and maintains a high bar for seller and customer experience?
Help us model the grocery store experience online! You can help us define a forward looking, multi year vision of how to build, roll out, grow and evangelise a new way of making sure that Amazon's customer experience remains at the top of the industry! Come and join a growing team working on some exciting projects in areas such as managing fulfillment and availability properties and offer data streams, and providing an excellent seller and customer experience!
At the heart of Amazon's e-commerce business is the Item & Offer Platform engineering team. The platform is used by millions of merchants to expose customers to new products or new offerings on existing products. Using massively parallel processing and proprietary techniques, millions of updates to details, prices, inventory levels, and relationships are processed in real time to keep Amazon's catalog fresh. Imagine that on any given day your solutions bring billions of experiences to customers around the globe; that is the reality on the Item & Offer Platform team.
The Item and Offer Platform team is an agile, fast-moving team driving the future of this central piece of Amazon's shopping experience. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) to shape that future.
In this role, you will participate in all parts of the software development process, from collaborating with customers on design to executing that design in a scalable and extensible way. You will have the opportunity to solve hard computer science problems and help the business every day.
Successful candidates are passionate about translating high-level, ambiguous business goals to software platforms that enable multiple businesses. You are passionate about taking initiative, delivering extensible, on-time solutions, and being a part of high-performing teams.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
• Several years of Object Oriented software design & development or architecture experience
• Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write expert-level, maintainable, and robust code in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C/C++, or C#
• In-depth knowledge of Computer Science data structures and algorithms
• Strong problem solving ability and object-oriented design skills
• Experience with NoSQL design
• Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable web services
• Experience building highly available, low latency systems and operating 24x7 services
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing
• Working knowledge of Large Scale Data processing platforms
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top