As a Software Development Engineer, do you want to help improve shopping experiences and design & develop in full-stack ownership?
Knowledge mining team in Amazon catalog services team is core to structuring catalog data that powers the Amazon website. We provide authoritative dataset consumed by hundreds of partner teams across Amazon to power seller listing experience, related product sets to power product discovery and shopping experiences. Our team owns highly available distributed microservices and software systems that make related product datasets available across Amazon. Our team is in Seattle.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers with at least 3 years of experience in distributed systems to join our team! As a Software Development Engineer (SDE-II), you will work on building new microservices and expanding our core software platform. This is an opportunity to work on high visibility initiatives across Amazon. You will work with several senior software development engineer and principal engineers regularly. We maintain a high bar for operational and software engineering excellence, which helps keep our operational load manageable. Our software development engineers are customer-focused and detail-oriented. We are a fun-loving team with a collaborative and supportive culture.
The ideal candidate will have distributed systems, high-scale software service design and implementation, and agile/continuous software delivery experience. You are a Software Development Engineer who enjoys owning software services, is customer-centric, and values delivering software with high quality.
For internal transfers, I will work closely with you to ensure a smooth transition and ramp-up. Please contact me (email@example.com) for an informal discussion on the opportunities with ASCS team.
• Build scalable, efficient, and automated knowledge discovery systems
• Analyze and process large amounts of data to extract valuable information from various sources (e.g. product catalog, search queries ...)
• Actively participate in idea and roadmap generation.
• Effectively present work to all levels of the leadership.
• Be an effective collaborator in a cross-functional team of SDEs, Technical Program Managers, and Product Managers.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
• At least 3+ years of software development experience
• At least 1+ experience in a fast-paced and agile development environment to deliver high-quality software against aggressive schedules
• Strong OO analysis, design, and development skills in Java and Scala
• Experience in Distributed Systems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software development engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their software engineering skills, and make them more effective software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation