Interested in working on software used by millions of customers every day? Intrigued by the opportunity to contribute to one of the largest open source projects in the world? The Amazon Silk browser team is looking for a strong software development engineer to join our ranks. We are actively building new features using Alexa, machine learning, and other AWS technologies that re-shape the way customers browse, discover, and consume web content.
We operate like a startup in a big company - our engineers work closely with product management and user experience designers to build best-in-class services and apps. Our engineers are owners who identify, define, and build solutions that delight millions of customers every day. We are building our organization based on smart people, diversity of perspective and experience, and looking for individuals with a "can-do" attitude who love to tackle hard problems.
What you'll do:
• Be an integral part of an exceptionally talented team. Working in a fast paced environment with rapid feature delivery to our customers.
• Brainstorm, build and ship new and exciting features that revolutionize the way people browse the web. You have the opportunity to own a features/experiences from inception to delivery.
This team is a good fit for you if:
• You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in having a firsthand impact on Amazon's global customer base
• You truly care about the business results of what you build, not just the elegance of the technology
• You like to solve interesting technology problems
• You enjoy collaborating in a diverse team environment
• You are a passionate learner and motivated to take on new challenges.
• You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also enjoy work life balance.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience building on AWS technologies
• Chromium experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Deliver results consistently and on-time
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .