Software Development Engineer
- Bellevue, WA
The Sort Centers are experiencing explosive growth and looking for a motivated, experienced, Software Development Engineer with outstanding leadership skills, proven ability to develop AWS products focused on helping our customers drive towards 100% availability of their applications and workloads. Our team works across the full stack - from scalable back end services, distributed data processing systems to intuitive UX. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organization and help build it from ground up- then this is an opportunity for you.
This position reports to the Technical Program Manager for ATSquad, the ATS Planning Web Development Team. The position will be assigned to the Sort Center Ops Planning network and will work closely with Performance, Engineering Labor Planning, Capacity and Planning, Performance, Forecasting and the SSP team to and standardized Shift planning, Volume visibility, Flow management and Risk management for the Sort Center Operations network.
In terms of qualification, the candidate must have demonstrated the ability to manage medium to large scale projects within the AWS environment that scale to an entire region or globally where partnerships needed to be developed with multiple teams to be able to access and understand data. In addition to demonstration of the technical skills, the position may be responsible for mentoring and leading a small team of programmers to deliver results and develop new skills as the business develops and the team grows. Additional leadership responsibilities will include leading discussions and advising operational teams and engineering teams on key improvement projects.
On our team you will build with a strong focus on customers everywhere, bringing your talent for software development at scale and passion for teamwork to bear. You will have the autonomy and independence to own substantial parts of the problem, with significant opportunity to define your own direction and plans.
If you are passionate about building high impact software with new technologies and are eager to take on and solve challenging problems while delivering an amazing customer experience, then our team is the perfect fit for you.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience and proficiency with AWS technologies (S3, EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudWatch, ElasticSearch etc.)
• Demonstrated experience with computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, etc.)
• Track record of designing and building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Clear communication and mentoring skills
• A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done
• B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, looking for problems to solve with minimal supervision
• Excellent at working with and motivating a team
• 2+ years' Experience with AWS technologies (S3, EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudWatch, ElasticSearch etc.)
• Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems
• Experience with Agile development methodologies
• Big Ideas
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top