Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated and talented Software Development Engineer.
The Product Replenishment team is a new group in our Retail organization making it easier than ever for customers to replenish the everyday goods that they, their family, or their business consume. We offer programs like Subscribe & Save, which lets customers set an automatic recurring delivery schedule for thousands of items on Amazon, and we're hard at work building similar programs designed to take the worry and inconvenience out of shopping entirely. We are a team of product visionaries, hard-working engineers, and customer-obsessed inventors.
The ideal candidate for Software Development Engineer is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. The candidate has demonstrated the ability to solve challenging problems specific to scalability, robustness, latency and usability. He or she has a strong track record of creating, deploying and maintaining simple, useful and elegant online customer experiences. We look forward to learning more about your work!
• Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals object oriented design, data structures, algorithms, design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in Java or C++
• Proven track record in delivering features in agile environment
• Experience working in Linux environments
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience building large-scale web applications
• 5+ years professional experience in software or web development
• Experience developing AJAX interfaces with AJAX libraries and frameworks (e.g. ReactJS, JQuery, AngularJS, etc.)
• Experience with MVC frameworks, Rails or Spring desired
• Understanding of web services technologies such as REST, SOAP, HTTP, JSON
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment and to learn new frameworks/stacks
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive
• Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
Back to top