Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Have you been a champion for getting or creating better tools for your team? Are you passionate about improving the developer experience? Do you have great ideas on how to build powerful, intuitive development tools and help development teams build software used by millions of customers every day? Intrigued by the opportunity to contribute to one of the largest open source projects in the world? The Amazon Silk browser team is looking for a strong software development engineer to join our ranks. Silk developers land code every day to delight users with new features and improve product performance and security. Silk Infrastructure team is responsible for the build system code that transforms this raw code into a binary that can be packaged, signed, tested and released to the worldwide community that explores the web with Silk. Our continuous integration system ensures that code is released safely with no negative impact to Amazon's customers. We are force-multipliers to enable Silk developers to do their best work. We are building our organization based on smart people, diversity of perspective and experience, and looking for individuals with a "can-do" attitude who love to tackle hard problems.
What you'll do:
• Be an integral part of an exceptionally talented team. Working in a fast paced environment with rapid feature delivery to our customers.
• Modernize tooling for faster build times to accelerate developer productivity
• You will be responsible for ensuring that developers have a delightful experience releasing code.
• Continuously evaluate and improve existing CI/CD/Testing pipelines and processes.
• Demonstrate expertise in writing scripts to automate tasks.
• Understand the build process and identify bottleneck areas for improvement
• Work closely with remarkable engineers to identify developer pain points and eliminate them
This team is a good fit for you if:
• You like to solve interesting technology problems.
• You enjoy collaborating in a diverse team environment.
• You are a passionate learner and motivated to take on new challenges.
• You address root causes to ensure the operational excellence of our services.
• You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also enjoy work life balance.
• You have breath of knowledge on a variety of techniques and tools in the areas of build, test, deploy, and release.
• You have broad subject matter expertise in developer tools, including an understanding of the products and tools that are typically used to take software and infrastructure from code to production.
• You have high level understanding of Continuous Delivery best practices
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience building on AWS technologies
• Chromium experience
• Experience working with modern build systems such as Bazel, Buck or Blaze.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Deliver results consistently and on-time
• Enthusiasm for working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top