Amazon Detective is an innovative, graph-based security analytics solution that helps security analysts investigate and triage security incidents. Detective combines security log data and threat detection events into a single view, providing graph visualizations and algorithms to answer analyst questions and allow them to drill down into detailed activity information.
You will be involved in a broad variety of back-end engineering functions component-level design and implementation, system monitoring and operational excellence, DevOps processes, and more. Our service is a complex distributed system with data processing and ingest, an internal graph store and query engine, and significant user-facing features on the roadmap, providing many opportunities for ownership and delivery.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS or higher in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience in commercial or cloud system software development in object-oriented languages, such as Java or C++
• 3+ Experience working with distributed data processing systems
• 3+ years of AWS experience
• Strong backend system design and implementation skills, with deep experience in distributed, asynchronous and concurrent processing
• Demonstrated success in a technical leadership role and strong mentoring skills
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and a highly collaborative attitude
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us