Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
At Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life.
We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Smart Devices such as Echo or Fire TV. Our Services allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can go from 'I want that' to 'that's on the way' in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry's best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. Join us, and you'll be taking part in changing the future of everyday life.
Our team owns the overall voice purchase experience and purchase related actions. The ideal candidate will be comfortable taking a leading role in building intuitive voice friendly interactions and large scale frameworks to support. You will be expected to work across technical and product boundaries to deliver innovative new experiences for our customers and assist them through the purchasing process.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures and system design
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one programming language such as C#, Objective-C Java, or Python
• Experience building large-scale services
• Ability to comfortably work in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment.
• Experience with voice related user interactions
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Back to top