Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Identity Services owns the systems that enable authenticating and identifying every Amazon customer in the world. Every aspect of the Amazon global business depends on our systems to know who the customer is, and if our systems are not up and running, the company stops. We balance keeping our systems fast, scalable and performant (no exceptions!) with rapidly delivering great features for Amazon customers and our developer partners. In short, we get to own and innovate on a critical customer experience while also supporting nearly every other business at the company; the best of both worlds!
The Authentication Workflows team within Identity Services provides the authentication solution on the web for Amazon businesses and subsidiaries. We are looking for software engineers who thrive on complex problems and relish the challenge of operating a complex and mission critical system under extreme loads. Our systems manage hundreds of millions of customer records, and respond to millions of transactions per minute.
We are looking for developers who are passionate about building secure and intuitive customer experiences and who love the challenge of building performant and robust systems at scale. Come join our team of developers, experts in building and supporting large scale Java services used by the millions of customers logging into their accounts every minute.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on three years' experience for every one year of education
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Fluency in Java, C# or other OO language (Java preferred)
• Computer science fundamentals in object oriented design
• Computer science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Clear, professional communication skills to technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Thorough understanding of systems architecture; able to "dive deep" to determine root cause of issues Understanding of OAuth, OpenID, other authentication/authorization protocols
Back to top