Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Come Shape the Future of Transportation!
We are a team of engineers, living and breathing at the intersection of technology and transportation. In the future, transportation of both goods and people will be centered around technology, with consistent innovation around better safety, reliability, and efficiency. AWS aims to power the future of transportation through rapid innovation and scale only possible through cloud infrastructure. Come join us in building the future of transportation!
You build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of our product operation. You constantly evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
You integrate with build infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
You establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test report; as well as deliver test reports to senior leadership.
TeamOur team is global, based in the US (west coast) and Germany. Our US teams typically start earlier in the day to have a couple of hours of overlap with our Germany teams (who typically work later in the afternoon).
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship and Career Growth:
Our engineers and leaders come from diverse perspectives and backgrounds across technology and beyond, and are excited to share their experiences and mentor more junior engineers. Team members are encouraged to set up mentorship relationships with senior engineers on our team, but also across the broader AWS and Amazon population.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
• 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test
• Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python
• Experienced in device and web test automation
• Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
• Experience with testing methodologies (Unit, Scrum)
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with API automation testing including unit test automation frameworks
• Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
• Experience working in a UNIX/ environment and utilizing virtual machines
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
• Experience with open source tools and resource
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Back to top