Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Come Shape the Future of Transportation!
We are a team of engineers, living and breathing at the intersection of technology and transportation. In the future, transportation of both goods and people will be centered around technology, with consistent innovation around better safety, reliability, and efficiency. AWS aims to power the future of transportation through rapid innovation and scale only possible through cloud infrastructure. Come join us in building the future of transportation!
You build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of our product operation. You constantly evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
You integrate with build infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
You establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test report; as well as deliver test reports to senior leadership.
TeamOur team is global, based in the US (west coast) and Germany. Our US teams typically start earlier in the day to have a couple of hours of overlap with our Germany teams (who typically work later in the afternoon).
We are intentional in attracting, developing and retaining team members from diverse backgrounds. Our diversity of thought coupled with the endless curiosity within our team is our greatest asset for innovation. We are looking for people to help us build an inclusive and supportive growth environment for team members to work hard, make history, and have fun.
Mentorship and Career Growth:
Our engineers and leaders come from diverse perspectives and backgrounds across technology and beyond, and are excited to share their experiences and mentor more junior engineers. Team members are encouraged to set up mentorship relationships with senior engineers on our team, but also across the broader AWS and Amazon population.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
• 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test
• Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python
• Experienced in device and web test automation
• Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
• Experience with testing methodologies (Unit, Scrum)
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with API automation testing including unit test automation frameworks
• Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
• Experience working in a UNIX/ environment and utilizing virtual machines
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
• Experience with open source tools and resource
Back to top