Are you ready to challenge the status quo for distributed deep learning model training? Are you excited to lead and innovate deep learning model training research and engineering to enable customers to train models easily and faster on AWS? Then this job is for you! The AWS AI group is looking to hire passionate Software Engineer for SageMaker distributed data parallelism team (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/latest/dg/data-parallel-intro.html) to join us in writing the future of deep learning model training software stack.
Some of the problems we are working on include:
• Optimizing large scale (100+ billion parameters, 1000s of GPU devices) distributed deep learning model training.
• Coming up with innovative solutions to communicate gradients during model training on AWS infrastructure.
• Bring these innovations into TensorFlow, PyTorch, Apache MXNet deep learning frameworks enabling customers to train the models out of the box.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use advanced technologies - MPI, CUDA, BLAS libraries
• Collaborate with internal engineering teams, leading technology companies around the world and the open source community - TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet, Uber/Horovod, Intel/MKLDNN, NVIDIA/CUDA
• Collaborate with research teams to enable scientific advancements, with your innovations on systems for deep learning, in the field of large scale deep learning model training.
This position within the deep learning team presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing Amazon SageMaker business and help shape the technology and AWS AI products. The right candidate will possess a technical background with experience in deep learning and HPC.
Talk to us to learn more about amazing technical challenges we are solving for the deep learning community.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Master's Degree or P.hD in computer science, statistics, engineering, mathematics, or related field.
• Specialization in any one of - machine learning, NLP, ASR, deep learning, computer vision, or related fields.
• Experience with machine learning/deep learning frameworks and libraries (any of TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet, Chainer, Caffe, Scikit, etc.)
• 5 years of professional experience in the field.
• Experience in High Performance Computing.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.