Software Development Engineer
- Santa Monica, CA
The AWS Well-Architected Tool team is hiring full stack Software Developers!
Imagine if you could help shape the future of cloud architecture, and encourage more and more customers to adopt the latest and greatest best practices for developing cloud workloads. AWS Well-Architected aims to help our customers develop technical expertise in AWS services, learn how to architect their cloud applications, and provide a great experience for customers and partners.
AWS is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses. More than a million active customers, from Airbnb to SAP, use AWS Cloud solutions to deliver flexibility, scalability, and reliability. As a Software Development Engineer at Amazon, your code is held to a high-standard and you are expected to stay up-to-date on the latest technologies. In this role, you will be building a set of tools from the ground up, joining a new team with high potential. We have a huge amount of data at our fingertips, but we require strong engineers working alongside machine learning experts to unlock its potential for advanced, automated customer interactions.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Work Life Balance
Our team puts a high value on work-live harmony. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software-development experience
• 2+ years programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new current systems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong Object Oriented design skills with understanding of common design patterns.
• Commitment to operational excellence: building low-defect systems that are user-friendly with low operational burden.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Back to top