Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
AWS Control Tower is hiring Software Development Engineers!
Control Tower provides the easiest way for customers to setup and govern a secure, multi-account AWS environment based on AWS best practices. With Control Tower, customers can setup their landing zone, and then provision new AWS accounts in a few clicks. To enable customers to have confidence in the security and compliance of their provisioned accounts, Control Tower applies Guardrails, pre-packaged governance rules, to the customer's account for on-going protection and monitoring.
We're looking for software engineers to join our team in advancing Control Tower. If you have a passion for software quality, micro-service architectures, building scalable and secure systems, working with customers, and influencing technical and business direction, then come join us today! Beyond building awesome solutions for customers, here are some of the areas we focus on:
We understand that sometimes you need to work from home. Outside of quarantine, our team is co-located in the Seattle office and we work from home as needed for a doctor's appointments, to take our kids to school, pick them up, and do the things that can't be done from the office.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We are dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. You'll have an opportunity to learn from people with and without engineering backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough and helpful code reviews. We care about your career growth. You will work on projects and tasks that will develop your skills and enable you to take on increasingly complex tasks.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
This is a full-time position and is based in our Seattle, WA office located in the heart of Seattle with easy access to all forms of public transportation.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience with AWS services such as CloudFormation, DynamoDB, Lambda, Config, Orgs, etc. Experience with similar cloud services may also transfer well.
• Experience with transitions to micro-services. Our team is growing, we have work to do to enable us to scale efficiently.
• Experience with a variety of development practices - Test Driven Development (TDD), Pair/Mob programming, different Agile methodologies. These are engineer driven choices on our team, and we're always looking for new perspectives as we evaluate how we develop software.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top