Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Interested in building an entirely new AWS service from the ground up? Motivated by the opportunity to re-imagine the customer experience for one of the day's most fundamental business tools? AWS is building a new team intent on delighting both corporate IT and their internal customers, across virtually every business vertical.
The team is a part of the AWS End User Computing category, a market segment that is growing at an incredible pace, with rapid customer adoption. As a Software Development Engineer, you will have the unique opportunity to be a founding member of a new AWS service. We are inventing an entirely new service concept and you will have the opportunity to lead technical design, influence product direction, work across the stack from cloud-based services to web apps, and collaborate closely with both end customers and peer teams across Amazon.
We operate like a startup in a big company - our engineers work closely with product management and user experience designers to build best-in-class services and apps. Our engineers are owners who identify, define, and build solutions that delight millions of customers every day. We are building our organization based on smart people, diversity of perspective and experience, and looking for individuals with a "can-do" attitude who love to tackle hard problems.
This team is a good fit for you if:
• You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in having a firsthand impact on Amazon's global customer base
• You truly care about the business results of what you build, not just the elegance of the technology
• You like to solve interesting technology problems
• You enjoy collaborating in a diverse team environment
• You are a passionate learner and motivated to take on new challenges.
• You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also enjoy work life balance.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience building on AWS technologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Deliver results consistently and on-time
• Enthusiasm for working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top