Are you fascinated by other languages and cultures? Do you want to work on projects with a global impact? Are you good at finding creative engineering solutions to complex problems? We're looking to combine your passions by helping us extend AWS Cloud Computing to all corners of the globe.
The AWS Localization team makes AWS resources accessible in many languages and adapted to many cultures, expanding our localization footprint every year. We are much more than translators; we are builders of platforms and tools that innovate and automate efficient engineering solutions to address complex and interesting localization processes. We would love for you to join us and help extend the AWS Cloud around the world!
We are looking for an experienced full-stack Development (SDE) with an international mindset, to help us develop new technical approaches to new and old localization challenges. Our services are built on multiple AWS services including Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, SQS, and MySQL. Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with smart, motivated people - who also like to have fun!
If you are a passionate, hard-working, and talented and have experience building innovative, mission-critical, high-volume application and service solutions that integrate with upstream systems, this is an enormous opportunity to influence design and architecture that will optimize AWS localization systems.
In this position you will:
• Be responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
• Work with TPM/PMs to understand the requirements and deliver solutions to localization challenges
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality against aggressive schedules
• Establish architectural principles and design patterns, and mentor team members to apply these principles and patterns appropriately
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional development experience
• 2+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of web application code design and architecture
-Experience with Typescript, node, or AWS Lambda
- Experience with globalization design and/or localization processes
- Experience with Content Management Systems and/or Translation Management Systems
- Familiarity with service-oriented architecture, API construction & use, etc.
- Deep knowledge of XML and JSON a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us