Come change the way the world sees the Cloud!
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join the Amazon FSx team. Launched in November 2018, Amazon FSx is an AWS service that makes it easy for customers to launch and run fully managed file systems in the cloud. With Amazon FSx, in just minutes you can provision highly durable and available Windows file systems or a high performance Lustre file system that can process massive data sets at up to hundreds of gigabytes per second of throughput. Customers already love the service, but we're just getting started. Come join the Amazon Web Services engineering team!
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is located in the Boston or NYC offices, but we're also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically two weeks every three months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 1+ years professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .