Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Voice-driven AI experiences are finally becoming a reality and Amazon's Alexa cloud service and Echo devices are at the forefront of this latest technology wave.
As a software engineer in the Alexa Experience team, you will help drive this innovation by developing new features that take advantage of the latest Echo device capabilities.
You will be responsible for developing new systems to support these features, partnering with other Amazon and third-party services and device teams as required. An ability to collaborate to design and deliver integrated systems across teams is a must.
You will ensure that Alexa almost never drops her end of the conversation, delivering services that respond with minimal latency at Amazon scale. You have deep experience with at least a few different types of system architecture and have a track record of ramping up quickly on new architectures. You will also be capable of establishing build systems, continuous integration and deployment systems, and monitoring and logging systems.
Most importantly, rather than being a specialist in any particular area of server-side technology, you are more of a generalist. We're delivering new customer experiences, requiring different technology solutions everyday- you'll need to bring (and continue to refine) a big toolkit to keep up.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or another technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
• 3+ years of professional software development experience in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, Python or C#
• Computer Science fundamentals experience in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience building large-scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
• Design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
• Familiarity with Alexa as a customer
• Hands-on experience developing with Amazon Web Services
• A history of defining an architectural vision, articulating its benefits and tradeoffs, and guiding others to realize it
• Experience building Alexa skills
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top