Software Development Engineer
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Ad Server for Amazon provides advertisers, agencies and publishers with solutions to create, distribute, customize, measure and, optimize their messaging. Our global ad server delivers ads across mobile, web and video at massive scale, and our customers benefit from creative authoring tools, advanced analytics, and dynamic creative optimization. We are looking for an experienced developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
You will become a core member of a team that is developing an innovative billing system for the advertising industry.
As an engineer, you can be involved in every aspect of the software development lifecycle, from concept and design, testing and deployment.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. We're looking for engineers who can delight customers by continually learning and inventing. From day one, you'll be working with experienced engineers, designers and applied scientists who love what they do.
• Non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Computer Science or related degree/postgraduate study. In lieu of an appropriate degree, relevant skills and experience will be considered.
• Knowledge of computer science fundamentals including a broad range of algorithms and data-structures.
• Written and verbal English communication skills.
• Experience operating and maintaining production software.
• Advanced coding skills functional and reactive programming
• Demonstrated best-practice software engineering including some aspects of agile methodologies, unit testing, refactoring, code reviews, continuous build and deployment processes.
• Designed and built complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling).
• Experience in data manipulation ,big data and streaming
• Experience with Microservices and/or serverless architecture
• Experience with Cloud environments
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Back to top