Amazon CloudWatch Logs is one of the largest logs management and analytics services ingesting hundreds of peta-bytes of logs every month. We are constantly evolving the logging services that our customers use to gather operational telemetry about their products. We are building new monitoring and observability services in the Containers and Serverless space and also shaping the future for the next generation of Logs Insights and Logs based applications that help customers reduce the mean-time-to-resolution. This is a unique opportunity to come in on the ground floor and define the direction of a strategic AWS service from to General Availability (GA) and beyond. Amazon Cloud Watch already operates at unprecedented scale, while upholding performance and durability requirements that our customers care about. You will lead projects that drive software of large-scale control and planes; in and other languages, and using Amazon proprietary technologies. You'll have a unique opportunity to shape the of our services and positively affect our customers. You'll be chartered with creating and operating services that collect and store metrics at internet scale, deliver mission critical capabilities to the cloud users and embed operational knowledge and encode best practices into everything we do. In addition, as part of the broader AWS organization, you will have the opportunity to influence the broader cloud strategy for Amazon.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth. Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
We have multiple new initiatives planned for 2021, and are looking for engineers to help us and new features for our customers.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field
• 2+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience required
• Experience leading the delivery of large-scale focused on managing the infrastructure layer of the technology stack
• Technical expertise in at least one major technical area: large scale Unix engineering, building complex backend services, building monitoring or management tools for large-scale environments
• Experience leading life cycle process and best practices
• Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO Modeling, working on internet, UNIX, Middleware, and database related projects
• Passion for customer experience and usability, including successful delivery of large scale software projects.
• Master's degree preferred
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• 5+ years of relevant experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us