Software Development Engineer
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF) Technology team is about enabling Amazon GREF's Operations teams to perform at scale and gain operational efficiencies. With the Covid-19 pandemic and as Amazon's workforce grows, both in size and geography, GREF's operations become increasingly complex. The conventional manual processes are less effective in the new landscape, and we are building solutions to automate manual processes using a variety of OpenSource and AWS technologies.
Are you interested in building a creative and adaptive workspace by integrating technology into a seamless customer experience? Are you excited in creating a secured workspace for our global corporate workers? Are you passionate about building new products? This is the opportunity for you. To promote agile seating and address post Covid-19 scenarios, we are building a global desk reservation system. This system will provide a geo-spatial representation of all our corporate buildings and floor layouts and enables employees to select a desk with the required hardware for a given timeframe.
We are seeking a passionate software development engineer who can help us create the next generation of real estate systems and support the GREF organization. The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-starter and is comfortable with ambiguity, and excel at building highly scalable solutions. They will enjoy learning, implementing new technologies, and will be fearless in implementing it in suitable situations. A Software Development Engineer (SDE) at Amazon works on real world problems on a global scale, owns their systems end to end and influences the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions of customers around the world. Coming to Amazon gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team in one of our many rapidly growing organizations. Come join us in making history!
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of software development engineering
• Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with both backend and front end development (full stack engineering)
• Experience with AWS technologies.
• Demonstrate ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Demonstrate ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Passion to dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns amenable to long-term solutions via simplification and automation.
• Experience in dealing with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top