Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Kids brings the Echo Kids Edition which introduces a new Alexa Experience that kids love and parents trust. This kids' experience is made richer with the addition of Kids+ content which allows kids to access hundreds of age-appropriate songs, skills and Audible titles.
Do you want to be part of the team that is building this Alexa experience which unlocks new voice driven capabilities across a wide range of devices to handle kids' device settings, parental controls, and exploration and discovery of available and appropriate content? You will be responsible for owning and driving large-scale customer-facing features from inception to delivery and beyond. You will have an opportunity to learn and grow in a highly collaborative team while designing, architecting and building innovative software in the Alexa ecosystem.
Our goal is to create a revolutionary Alexa integrated experience for parents and kids to enjoy on our Amazon family of devices. Working for Amazon Kids offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you will be at the center of Amazon innovation. We have gained critical acclaim and won the prestigious KAPi award for best hardware and service at CES 2013. Come help build the future of Amazon devices and services!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
• Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the complete software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and deployment
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top