Interested in Amazon Alexa? We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical, scalable applications that customers love. As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the design, implementation and launch of Alexa Excellence operations tools and features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and influence best practices that enable a quality product. This role involves full stack development.
We need creative, collaborative developers who love working with multiple technologies who want to challenge themselves on a small, fast-moving, diverse application engineering team who are dedicated to making Alexa developers lives easier through by automating infrastructure management. We build both fast, highly available services and clean, easy-to-use web interfaces, and we operate what we build. If you're interested in leading the charge in solving problems, building systems that scale and want a new challenge that will improve the lives of every developer in Alexa, this would be a great next step.
You are going to love this job, because you will:
• Own the entire software lifecycle, from system design to implementation, release, operation, and continuous, iterative improvement.
• Work on every layer of the full system stack, from interaction with core AWS services to API design and implementation, to designing and building user interfaces to delight our customers.
• Interface closely with internal customers to quickly drive new products, new features and new ways forward.
• Create a new, world-class user experience using the latest in frontend UX platforms and technologies.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Graduate degree
• Knowledge of/expertise in AWS technologies such as ElasticSearch, S3, Dynamodb etc.
• Experience working with large scale distributed systems.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us