Software Development Engineer
- New York, NY
Amazon is continuing to invest in its Worldwide Online Display Advertising business to tap into the growing online advertising market. Amazon is using its first class technology, unique user data, and cross-device user identification to become the go-to solution for the world's largest advertising agencies and advertisers. To meet this goal, Amazon is investing in our proprietary Amazon Demand Side Platform (DSP).
The DSP Engineering team within Multichannel Advertising is building the next generation of products and services that will fuel the growth of Amazon's advertising business. The DSP team owns the web app for advertisers to place orders for programmatic ad campaigns on Amazon and most other sites across the Internet. Think order management including capturing limit prices, targeting customer segments, spreadsheet-style inline editing, bulk order editing, integration with algorithms, and connectivity to advertising exchanges.
Our goal is to provide a frictionless campaign management experience to customers by implementing customer-facing features and enabling other development teams to build functionality. We seek to simplify and minimize the steps to create and optimize campaigns.
Impact and Career Growth:
You'll be responsible for owning, designing and delivering highly scalable systems that will be used by advertisers to build, manage and serve beautiful, innovative ads. Our team works across Amazon to target ads to Desktop, Mobile, and Kindle devices using innovative formats for Display, Video, and Audio ads. We're building a full-service, full-stack advertising platform.
You'll work as part of an agile dev team together with product managers to scope, design, implement, test and launch new features. You enjoy innovation, simplifying complex problems and tackling tough challenges. Sound like a good fit?
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or a related discipline
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, design patterns, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with backend RESTful APIs
• Experience developing software services and knowledge of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Experience with Automated testing
• 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, C#, or C++, and Object Oriented Design as well as SQL or NoSQL experience
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and databases
• Ability to articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Demonstrated ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Demonstrated leadership ability in a cross-functional, highly collaborative environment
• Experience microservices and microsites
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
• Experience with automated test frameworks and libraries (e.g. JUnit, Mockito, Selenium)
• Experience with AWS technologies (EC2, S3, Dynamo)
• Experience mentoring software engineers to improve their skills
• Sharp analytical abilities and design skills
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Graduate degree a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top