Software Development Engineer
- Tempe, AZ
Are you interested in being part of a fast paced technology company with the largest e-commerce platform in the world, and build scalable AI systems that protect customers to earn their trust? You will be building scalable systems that use Machine Learning (ML) to continuously learn and prevent malicious actors, and preserve customer trust. You will have to solve tough scalability problems and use the right tools to support rapid business growth.
Customer Trust and Partner Support (CTPS) is the organization that constantly makes high judgment decisions across a wide breadth of constituents. We build and deliver services for Buyers, Sellers, Vendors and other customers. We ensure that Amazon is a safe and trustworthy place to shop and an amazing place to build a successful business selling products. We support our many partners in this journey. We face constant trade-offs and competing objectives that we need to appropriately balance. We have to do all of this at high scale which only happens through technology and science. We are also a large organization that leads on innovation in many areas, so we also play a critical role in helping Amazon more broadly beyond our own goals.
We're the Core ML Services Engineering team in CTPS organization. We create next-gen ML services that is ahead of the industry standard & cloud standard solutions, and that help accelerate AI and ML developments with end-to-end highly automated and highly intelligent ML model building and ML feature engineering solutions. We own & build consolidated ML orchestration environments that will drive speed, quality, and efficiency of ML efforts across CTPS and Amazon. We not only leverage industry leading AI technology such as AWS AI, Open source AI framework, we innovate our own solutions that are ahead of the curve (and necessarily so to stay ahead of bad actors).
-Develop large scale, high performance, high reliability ML systems for data, feature, model and rule management.
-Work closely with ML scientists, understand the requirements, design and deliver innovative next-gen solutions to help preserve customer trust.
-Work as the owner of the system and operate excellent to provide stable and robust services to customers and other teams.
-Innovate based on new ideas and build comprehensive system/features across the whole ML pipeline
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• A Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
• 3+ years of industry experience building successful production software systems.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Experience with large-scale multi-tiered systems and service-oriented architecture.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 2+ years of industry experience.
• Experience delivering high-volume production software services in a Linux environment for 2 years.
• Experience in Scrum / Agile methodologies as scrum master
• Experience in Amazon Web Services
• Background in Machine learning (ML) a plus
• Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages a plus
• The ability to work effectively under pressure in a dynamic environment
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top