Software Development Engineer
As an Engineer on our team, you'll be expected to lead by example, write great code, solve difficult problems, set a high bar for the team around you and help them achieve engineering excellence. We want you to execute on "your" ideas, challenge the status quo and generally make things better. You'll need the soft-skills too; Communication, influence and passion are key to the success of the team and ultimately the company. You'll experience all the challenges, ambiguity and opportunities of a new team with a new mission but for the right candidate that's part of the fun.
We are looking for an Engineer to build products for Audible's Emerging Business portfolio. Emerging business is responsible for coming with up new and great ideas within Audible, quickly define and implement products to test their business thesis and build lasting products to delight Audible's customers. We are in the early stages of developing amazing products and looking for someone who will join our diverse team of developers to build and launch products under this new initiative. This is an opportunity to have end-to-end ownership of a software product and apply your ideas from inception to product launch.
We're part of Amazon, our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with all of Amazon's technologies like EC2, SQS and S3 but it doesn't stop there. Audible's built on Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment whilst growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ tps) services that support millions of customers worldwide we want to hear from you.
- You'll work across platform and across technologies: mobile and desktop web, mobile apps.
- You'll work closely with the business to build technology that will have the highest impact on customers
- You'll iterate feedback quickly based on short and continuous feedback loops.
- You'll unify our Web technology stacks and steer the technology towards a mobile-first vision
- You'll collaborate with a diverse team.
- Proven Java development skills building large scale web applications
- Knowledge of Spring MVC, SOA, and automated testing
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Well-rounded engineering skills; full-stack development experience—web & services
- Strong problem solving skills—adaptable, proactive and accountable
- High performance standard—just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment, and a preference for agile methods
- Strong communication skills—ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience
- Dependency injection frameworks and associated techniques.
- Digital encoding and Content Delivery Technologies such as Adaptive Streaming, HLS, HDS, Smooth Streaming, MPEG, AAC & MP3 processing.
- Content Management and/or Workflow systems.
- Distributed systems, Amazon Web Services
- Automation - Continuous Integration/Deployment
We have a comprehensive benefits package. Here are some of the fun and meaningful perks we offer:
- Daily catered lunch, Monday breakfast and juice bar, snacks and Friday happy hours
- Free onsite gym and 25% fitness reimbursement
- Seasonal sports clubs - basketball, hockey, soccer, volleyball, softball and more
- Company sponsored events
- Transit reimbursement, paid parking and shuttle service
- Tuition assistance
- Annual Amazon discount
- Meaningful community involvement opportunities including mentoring interns, literacy tutoring and Audible Scholars, along with collaboration on start-up projects incubating in Newark Venture Partners
Audible, Inc. is the world's largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We're an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 350,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Vet
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top