Software Development Engineer
The Amazon Speech team designs and develops the core speech recognition technology used by numerous Amazon products including Amazon Echo, Amazon's mobile shopping app and various other products and services.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building intelligent embedded system solutions. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering & maintaining high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
- Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and mentor team members on their appropriate application
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years industry experience building successful production software systems
- Computer Science fundamentals
- Analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Programming in Java, Python or C++
- Experience building large scale machine learning applications
- · Professional experience building applications with AWS services such as EC2, Lambda, and DynamoDB
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
- Excellence in technical communication with technical and non-technical audiences
- · Advanced degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or mathematics
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top