What we do?
Transportation Sortation Systems builds the technologies and services that enable manual and automated sortation, containerization, loading, and unloading processes across Amazon's worldwide transportation network, including Fulfillment Centers, Inbound Receive Centers, Sort Centers, Amazon Air Gateways and Delivery Stations. We also build visibility platforms that enable operations managers to monitor and refine their volume and staffing, and optimize their operational processes. Our systems process millions of packages a day and ensure that Amazon can meet the customer delivery promise. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation system on the planet using our engineering muscle as our biggest advantage.
We are looking for Software Engineers with 2+ years of solid software engineering experience involving solving complex problems. You will get to work on some of the key initiatives planned to support our rapid evolution and growth of the transportation network and in the process solve some of the most challenging problems.
As an engineer in Sortation Services you will provide the technical experience to the team, drive best practices, mentor other engineers and drive continuous improvements in engineering and operational excellence.
In this role you will:
• Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages.
• Build highly available, secure, distributed systems in a microservices architecture.
• Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry to work on complex challenges in large-scale computing and find out what it takes to engineer systems for "Amazon Scale"
• Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements.
• Contribute and drive planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Master's degree or relevant work experience
• Strong demonstrated skills implementing and deploying high volume and highly scalable services
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing
• Strong skills and experience with programming, design, and architecture, and familiarity/experience with AWS and other cloud technologies
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and describe product strategy, technical designs, and software product features
• Experience in full stack development ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .