Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Connectivity Solutions Group (CSG) is part of Lab126, an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a talented, passionate, multi-disciplinary team of product managers, development managers and software engineers. We are leveraging our wide range of expertise in AWS, wireless networking and device and application software to create an innovative, new consumer service.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will have significant impact on the success of our new service. Your skills across the full software development life cycle will allow us to delight our customers and grow our service to Amazon scale.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to define and prioritize the correct service capabilities
- Architect, Design and Develop scalable, secure, end-to-end solution
- Lead multi-team implementations that span cloud and device execution environments
- Drive operational excellence by feeding learnings from service monitoring and customer usage into team and program backlogs
- Raise the bar for software development craft by bringing cutting edge tools and techniques to the team
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related field
• 5+ years of experience with one of the modern programming languages such as Golang, Python, C++ or Java
• 1+ years of experience providing technical leadership for large architecture projects
• Basic understanding of machine learning and data pipeline creation.
• Experience with every aspect of SDLC: requirements, design, coding, unit and integration testing, deployment, monitoring, deprecation
• Experience applying CS fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object-oriented design, and code quality verification.
• Masters in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math.
• Hands on experience working on large-scale projects.
• 5+ years of Software development experience
• 2+ years leading design of complex backend cloud services
• Experience in programming language like Java, Golang
• Extensive development experience with AWS (or equivalent) services such as API Gateway, Lambda, S3, ECS/ECR, IoT, CloudFront and DynamoDB
• Experience building and running complex, scalable backend cloud services
• Experience building and running services that span device and cloud execution environments
• Outstanding CS fundamentals
• You thrive in loosely structured environments
• You view ambiguity as an opportunity to innovate
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top