Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
We're focused on building the next generation of the Alexa Mobile App for mobile devices and are looking for talented developers. This is a unique chance to join a team that is working very close to the OS layer. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge mobile product used every day, by people you know. We are looking for passionate, hard working software engineers who have experience building innovative, mobile applications that customers love and will enhance their day to day capabilities.
• Mobile application software development, design and prototyping
• Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing Android and iOS mobile apps
• Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews
• Writing tests for new and existing code to drive code coverage to 100%
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
• Work closely with product and design teams to customize the Alexa experience on mobile devices
• Implement custom user interfaces using the latest mobile programming techniques
Learn and Be Curious. We can help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds.
• Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science or related field.
• 3+ years of professional development experience in Kotlin, Java, Swift, Objective-C, C++, or C#.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Possess a sound understanding of algorithms, data structures, object oriented design, databases.
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
• 3+ years professional experience in mobile app development
• Experience building scalable, efficient consumer mobile apps
• Firm understanding of mobile app architecture, iOS/Android development
• Experience writing apps in Swift/Kotlin/Objective-C/Java
Back to top