Software Development Engineer
Amazon's Kindle Ad Products group is looking for exceptional software engineers to build sophisticated distributed systems for our next generation ad programs. The Kindle Ad Products group was formed to build advertising systems to address new market segments and we are expanding to include a variety of programs that deliver offers and advertisements to Amazon devices. This is a strategic initiative for the company, and we are growing quickly. We strive to provide valuable offers and deals to Amazon device users across the world, powering advertising opportunities to advertisers that want to display their products globally. We are happiest when we're exploring new ideas, new opportunities, new technology and new Amazon products with the goal of expanding our advertising products for our customers. We are continually experimenting with new models that will delight our Kindle customers with cool stuff they really want.
Come help us see how far we can take this!
It won't be easy. The challenges that come with scale and the semi-connected nature of Amazon Kindles pose interesting technical problems. These are big challenges that will move the needle for our advertising program.
What about you? You are enthusiastic about sharing in defining our products, shaping ambiguous business goals into working software solutions. You are comfortable taking initiative and working across teams in a relatively unstructured environment. You have well-honed, insightful architectural design instincts, and enjoy building simple and elegant systems that will scale to support millions of users. Passion for the customer and their experience with our products is a key requirement for you.
We offer a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you'll be at the center of Amazon innovation. We are looking for engineers who enjoy working on MVP products, innovating on behalf of the customer, and building systems that will form the foundation of highly strategic new businesses.
Join us today, and become a member of this highly motivated, cooperative and fun-loving team!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years relevant work experience
- Experience with design and coding skills in Java/C++ on Unix Platforms
- Experience with scripting languages and an understanding of SQL
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Math or related field with 5+ years of relevant work experience
- · Experience building Android mobile apps
- · Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- · The ability to distill problem definitions and constraints from informal business requirements, and to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives
- · The ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and consistently deliver results
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top