SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
- Bangalore, India
Are you interested in building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way databases are built for the cloud ? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
Amazon Aurora is an exciting new area of innovation for AWS, and the PostgreSQL-compatible edition of Amazon Aurora is built on one of the most active code bases in the open source community. The Postgres-compatible version of Amazon Aurora is a relational database which offers enterprise-class performance, availability and durability to our customers, along with the management benefits of RDS. We are one of the fastest growing businesses within Amazon Web Services. We are currently spread across Seattle, Boston and Bangalore.
If you're an engineer who is looking to grow, come on board! We have one of the most senior teams in AWS - and our senior engineers are eager to brainstorm, mentor, and get software built together. We build software, we patent new things, and we attend conferences around the world to learn even more. We have challenging problems to solve in distributed systems, concurrency, database internals, caching, query optimization, languages, and performance engineering.
Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL Engine team is looking for experienced technical experts in relational databases and large scale storage system technologies, who are excited about building large scale database systems that run across thousands of servers across multiple datacenters worldwide. These are core systems development positions where you will own the design and development of significant system software components critical to our industry leading database services architected for the cloud. You will be part of the team that architects, designs, and implements highly scalable distributed database systems that provide availability, reliability and performance guarantees. This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from building rock-solid components to mentoring other engineers. You need to not only be a top software developer and systems designer with a good track record of delivering and also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and ability to deliver a service that has a broad business impact.
We intend to be the world's best and fastest database, built by an excellent team, all while having fun - come join us on the journey! For more information about Aurora, please visit http://aws.amazon.com/rds/aurora.
• 7+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 5+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent - Masters or PhD preferred
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and/or distributed systems
• Experience operating large scale systems
• Knowledge of OS and Database internals and/or
• Knowledge of security protocols, algorithms, secure coding
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top