How would you like to design and launch a new AWS service to help customers build mission-critical applications capable of running with no more than 5 minutes of downtime a year? AWS Network Services are looking for exceptional software engineers to be part of a world class team and own the design and development of a new AWS service.
You should be somebody who is passionate about customers, running a highly available distributed systems, and is interested in quorum forming technology like Raft and Paxos. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. The ideal candidate will have strong technical background and have experience defining new technical products from ambiguous requirements.
Successful candidates will enjoy distributed systems design with a focus on failure isolation and recovery, have outstanding analytical skills and excellent communication. You will thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and are comfortable interacting with highly technical software and networking development teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience with at least one modern object-oriented language such as Java or C++
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Master's degree in technology related field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics)
• Strong computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithm design and problem solving skills
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Built high throughput networking systems, cache coherency algorithms, or eventually consistent systems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with web services, networking or low-level kernel development
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age