Software Development Engineer
- Tokyo, Japan
Amazon's Direct Fulfillment (DF) allows vendors to ship products directly to our customers. We are the authoritative shipment source for all direct fulfillment shipments. We track these shipments from the moment a customer order is placed to vendor shipping it to customer. In short, our systems orchestrate and fulfill the direct fulfillment shipments worldwide.
You will be responsible for designing the system, building the software, and working with the team to deploy your solutions across the globe. This role will provide you an unique opportunity to impact customer/vendor experience world wide. This role will present you an opportunity to learn new technologies including AWS and apply them at scale.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• 5+ years of professional working experience on software development.
• Experience of designing and building large-scale customer/business application.
• Experience with AWS technologies such as RDS, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, S3, SNS, SQS, etc.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams.
• Experience as a technical lead.
• Familiar with , , Kotlin is a plus.
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills.
• Experience of working with customer facing applications.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top