Software Development Engineer
Ever wondered what's involved in enabling millions of sellers to sell their products around the
world? Amazon's Merchant Technologies group does just that - building the software platform
and applications necessary for sellers to manage their business on Amazon.com
You'll be building cutting edge and highly distributed systems to support merchants throughout
the world who sell on Amazon. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture
defining and building the next generation of fulfilment experience. Selling on Amazon is one of
the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com with about one-third of all items currently sold
originating from 3rd party merchants.
This Software Development position is for Marketplace Shipping Services group, where
innovation and the newest technologies merge to build brand new features and capabilities for
sellers and end customers.
We are working on multiple new initiatives to enable sellers to serve retail and business
customers effectively and build next generation platforms for fulfilment. Projects include Seller
Fulfilled Prime, B2B experiences, as well as platform improvements across all our services to
make them more config driven using new AWS technologies.
If you are a sharp software engineer with a creative flair, strong analytical skills, a solid
computer science foundation and the dream to be an individual contributor to Amazon's next
generation technology, we want to talk with you. Come be part of the team redefining how best
to sell on the Internet!
- 3+ years of industry experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, datastructures and algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis)
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, or C#
- Proficient with Web technologies
- MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Solid experience in Java Services (UI and backend), Database, and customer facing APIs
- Five years of progressively responsible work experience
- Experience in building large scale distributed systems
- Experience in scaling and performance tuning of large systems
- Experience with AWS and other cloud technologies
- Understanding of relational data modeling and SQL, as well as NoSQL technologies
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top