Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is one of the largest employers on the planet with hundreds of thousands of employees across the globe. Our HR People Technology organization is seeking an for a highly talented engineering team focusing on delivering and Attendance solutions.
Amazon's HR mission is to build a workplace for Amazonians to invent on behalf of our customers. We are enablers to help Amazon scale quickly and efficiently as we continue to expand rapidly across countries, business lines and size in general. The volume of internal human resource transactions and range of experiences to fulfill in this scale and diversity are massive and unique respectively. This requires a highly reliable, and customized series of applications that ensure our global employee base receives accurate, timely and best experiences throughout their employee lifecycle. Amazon has grown significantly since the deployment of these tools and we are now at an inflection point where we are making long term decisions to support our explosive global growth. Our business rules are complex and arcane, varying by role, business, and jurisdiction.
As an SDE for the Perfect Pay team, you will contribute to all aspects of the lifecycle, including researching contributors to pay defects, clarifying requirements, system , , documentation, testing, and operations. You will leverage Amazon's industry leading technologies to build modern, distributed systems. You should have strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven, and have a demonstrated track record of delivering high quality results, in a highly ambiguous, green-field environment. You will also contribute to the Perfect Pay vision and direct how to further drive down pay defects as Amazon continues to expand including analyzing the vast punches data for any Machine learning recommendations.
You should be a passionate, results-, experienced . If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a relentless focus on the customer experience and want to build something new rather than just maintain someone else's code, then this role is for you. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. The People business requires creative engineering balanced with high quality and customer focus.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Strong results orientation
• Thinks big
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• 5+ years' industry experience as a engineer
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of in a team, and a track record of shipping on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• By submitting your here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top